Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rain. Ride? Or Drive, Stay Dry?

It looks as if TS Eliot Alex will stir up just enough mess to make the rain chances stay high in my area of south Louisiana. In fact, flood warnings have popped up all over the place.

It's always a decision for me about whether to chance the weather. My basic rule of thumb is that I am not able to bike to work in the rain, since my office has no place to re-shower and dry off.

But what if the skies look clear in the morning and rain only threatens the afternoon? I am not a total rain wimp, and have ridden many times in many downpours. And, after all, the temps are in the 80s. So I'm leaning toward the wet/rain/ride side of the fence.

As I recently told a colleague, if I waited until there was little chance of rain, in my area, I would ride maybe 25 days a year.

If it happens, I'll bring along my camera and post some wet and wild bicycle pics! 

 

Posted via email from Bike Like Me

No comments:

Post a Comment